Bugs Be Gone – Amazing Natural Anti-Bug Spray & Cleaner. It’s getting to be that time of the year folks when those little critters decide to make your life very uncomfortable. If they aren’t biting you when you go outdoors they are moving on into your kitchen cupboards and bench tops and worse of all your food! The problem is who wanted to be spraying chemicals round especially when there are babies and kids at home. Well the solution is here – an all natural bug spray that I find really works and has a great citrus tang to it as well. Nothing here to harm the kids and is easy to make. Here’s my recipe:-
- Cut several oranges into quarters. I find 4 – 5 large ones fit into my mason jar really well, but it depends on your jar and how big the oranges are.
- Remove the peel – you can eat the fruit as a reward!
- Place the peel into your jar and pour on vinegar – I use white vinegar.
- Screw on the lid tightly then shake to make sure that the vinegar has really worked its way around the peel.
- Top up more vinegar if there is space in the jar. Make sure the lid is screwed on tight.
- Leave in a dark cool place for two weeks – I put my jar in the pantry.
- Pour one part vinegar to two parts water into a fine nozzle spray bottle and there you have really good bug spray for counter tops, picnic tables etc.
I am told that you should not use this spray on furnishings, granite/marble counter tops, stone flooring, hardwood floors even if they are sealed, stainless steel or painted surfaces. I certainly don’t want to be responsible for ruining your home so use with caution test on surfaces and decide yourself whether it’s damaging it or not. I use mine to clean my stainless steel sink, but it is an old one and I have used it as an oven cleaner – it was great on the glass door. I wipe down my sealed wooden counter tops and particularly my outdoor furniture and I haven’t noticed any problems, but I do spray onto the cloth not directly onto the item.
So bugs be gone, I want to enjoy summer not get bitten, crawled over and generally annoyed!!